Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Petrol and diesel prices were constant on Friday, May 26 across New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Chennai. Petrol rates and diesel rates have been steady over the past twelve months. However, individual cities see fluctuations in their prices everyday. The prices of petrol and diesel change state by state, depending upon various criteria such as Value Added Tax (VAT), freight charges, local taxes, etc.
The last country-wide change in fuel rates was on May 21 last year, when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman slashed excise duty on petrol by Rs 8 per liter and Rs 6 per liter on diesel. Since the cut of excise duty by the central government in May 2022, some states have also reduced VAT prices on fuels, while some have imposed cess on petrol and diesel.
Oil prices were roughly unchanged in early trading on Friday, as markets awaited clarity on OPEC and its allies’ next oil policy moves after conflicting messages made it hard to predict the outcome of the meeting next week. Brent crude slipped 4 cents to $76.22 a barrel at 0022 GMT, while US West Texas Intermediate was up 9 cents, or 0.1%, at $71.92 a barrel.
Currently in Delhi, the price of petrol stands at Rs 96.72 per liter, while diesel is being sold at Rs 89.62 per liter. In Mumbai, petrol demands a higher price of Rs 106.31 per liter, with diesel following suit at Rs 94.27 per liter. Meanwhile, in Kolkata, the cost of petrol amounts to Rs 106.31 per liter, with diesel priced at Rs 92.76 per liter. In Chennai, petrol is available at Rs 102.63 per liter, while diesel can be obtained at Rs 94.24 per liter. Here’s a look at fuel prices in other cities:
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Noida, Gurugram
- Bengaluru: Petrol rate: Rs 101.94 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 87.89 per liter
- Chandigarh: Petrol rate: Rs 96.20 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 84.26 per liter
- Chennai: Petrol rate: Rs 102.63 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 94.24 per liter
- Gurugram: Petrol rate: Rs 97.04 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 89.91 per liter
- Kolkata: Petrol rate: Rs 106.03 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 92.76 per liter
- Lucknow: Petrol rate: Rs 96.57 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 89.76 per liter
- Mumbai: Petrol rate: Rs 106.31 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 94.27 per liter
- New Delhi: Petrol rate: Rs 96.72 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 89.62 per liter
- Noida: Petrol rate: Rs 96.65 per liter, Diesel rate: Rs 89.82 per liter
Public sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) including Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise their petrol price and diesel price daily in line with international benchmark prices and forex rates. Any changes in petrol price and diesel price are implemented from 6 am every day. Oil Minister Hardeep Singh Puri recently asked OMCs to cut the retail prices of petrol and diesel if the crude oil prices in the international market come down and also if OMCs under recovery come down.