Choosing a fragrance- perhaps one of the most personal selections you can make when it comes to stepping out of the door and presenting yourself in a way that feels like ‘you’. Arguably more memorable than your outfit choice or new red lip, a fragrance reaches everyone around you differently, leaving a lasting impression and even triggering old memories upon smelling it again- it’s safe to say, scent matters.
Signature scent: a fragrance one always wears, so much so that it comes to represent them.
Perfume is as personal as it gets and technically speaking, this is proven to be true too. Did you know that your unique skin chemistry mixes with the top, middle/heart, and base notes of every scent, meaning that the same perfume can smell different from person to person?
Your choice of scent is one that those around you will come to associate with you, helping you make lasting first impressions and even acquire compliments aplenty- without dramatic sounding, it’s worth the trials and tribulations of finding ‘the one’ in the world of fragrance .
If you have the tendency to flit between a selection of scents without ever finding one you’re always drawn back to, we may suggest you keep reading to discover 50 perfumes that have held the top spot in the hearts of many and thus secured their’ Signature Scent’ kudos – no mean feat!
- Le Labo, Santal 33 – it makes me feel like the rich aunt I aspire to be.
- Jo Malone, Honeysuckle & Davana – I’d been searching for a signature scent for a while and I picked this one up at the airport and I have to say, I’m already in love! I think I’ll be married to this one for a while.
- Chloe, Roses De Chloe – it’s super long-wearing and rose is one of my favorite scents! I honestly think I’ll wear it forever.
- Jo Malone, English Pear and Freesia – because it reminds me of my wedding day.
- Chanel, Coco Mademoiselle – it was my first Chanel perfume and I’ve been hooked ever since!
- Chanel, Allure – I have this indescribable feeling that it somehow smells like my personality. Daft I’m sure, but it’s as good enough a reason as any.
- Frederic Malle, Portrait of a Lady – Because it’s dramatic, a bit chaotic and you don’t forget it easily.
- Hugo Boss, Red – it’s the perfect balance between feminine and masculine.
- Coach, Woman Eau de Parfum – it reminds me of a beautiful time of my life.
- Jo Malone, Wood, Sage and Sea Salt — because Sandalwood.
- Jennifer Lopez, Live Eau de Parfum – it always reminds me of the summer when I’d just graduated and was just living my best stress-free life! Done with education not yet ready to worry about work.
- Floral Street, Arizona Bloom – it reminds me of summer.
- Yves Saint Laurent, Libre – it’s a memorable scent and I’ve had some of my best memories wearing it! Keep it for special occasions and nights out.
- Lush, Fairy Dust – it puts me in a good mood and I feel fresh wearing it.
- Gucci, Bloom – it’s classy, fresh, smells like flowers and I’m not sure why but I feel like it fits my personality.
- Marc Jacobs, Daisy – because it’s a classic!
- Twilly d’Hermès Eau de Parfum Not too strong, not too sweet, just perfect!
- Lancôme – Trésor Midnight Rose – it was my first ‘grown-up’ perfume and I’ve been wearing it ever since.
- One Direction, That Moment – simply because it’s the only perfume I’ve used in 5+ years.
- Yves Saint Laurent, Black Opium – best smell in the world!
- Litoralle Aromatica, Isola Rosa – I’m drawn to hazy rose scents, this one is fresh and a little bit sweet too – it makes me think of the phrase ‘life through rose tinted spectacles’. I used to think it was a negative thing, an insult even, but I think it can be a very magic lens to experience things through. I think when you’re a grown up that rosy lens fades sometimes and when you find it, you just want to hold on to that way of seeing things.
- Dolce and Gabbana, Light Blue – I love citrus and woody scents so I can’t get enough of this one!
- Mugler, Angel Smells like my favorite memories with my mum.
- Taylor Swift, Wonderstruck – it’s so perfect for every day but it’s been discontinued.
- Glossier, You – simple, clean, fresh, sexy.
- Chanel, Coco Mademoiselle – perfect for every occasion and doesn’t give me a headache.
- Guess, Seductive – you can wear it for every occasion and outing!
- Yves Saint Laurent, Cinema – I bought my first bottle on holiday when I was 15 and now it smells like sunshine to me.
- Billie Eilish, Eilish Eau De Parfum– it’s really sweet and the scent stays on me for hours and hours.
- Jo Malone, Peony and Blush Suede – the scent is discreet yet amazing.
- Aerin, Amber Musk – my wedding perfume.
- Yves Saint Laurent, Black Opium – it makes me feel confident.
- Chanel, Chance – for some reason it must just work for me, I always get compliments.
- Dior, Miss Dior – it’s a soft but sweet floral scent that reminds me of cottages and fresh flower picking.
- Zara, Gardenia – just so lovely and a nice balance of vanilla and floral.
- Dolce and Gabanna, Light Blue – it reminds me of summers when I was a teenager.
- Glossier, You – it’s not an overwhelming scent and is so neutral that everyone loves it.
- Joop-Le Bain – because it smells like a warm and cosy day during winter.
- Giorgio Armani, Si – it works during all seasons and I get so many compliments when I wear it.
- Lancôme, Poême – I love its uniqueness and I don’t know anyone else that wears it.
- Armani, Si Passion – it reminds me of good memories and was a gift from my aunt.
- Bath and Body Works, Gingham – the scent just represents me!
- Lush, Lord of Misrule – the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
- Lancôme, La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum – warm without being a ‘winter’ scent.
- Victoria’s Secret, Bombshell – makes me feel sexy and feminine.
- Jo Malone, Cardamom and Mimosa – the scent brings me so much joy!
- Lancôme, La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum – a gift from my mum. Three generations have bonded over this perfume, my daughter will be the fourth.
- Le Labo, Another 13 – hypnotic and lasts till the next day.
- Maison Margiela, Replica By The Fireplace – it smells expensive and sophisticated but is perfect for day and night. The only scent I take on trips with me!
- BYREDO, Slow Dance – romantic, sexy and hypnotic- what’s not to love?!
*This post contains ad-affiliate links