New York real estate heir Robert Durst has been hospitalized with COVID-19, his attorney said Saturday. Defense attorney Dick DeGren said he was notified that Durst had been admitted after he tested positive for the coronavirus. DeGuerin said he did not know Durst’s condition and was trying to find out more details.
Durst, 78, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without a chance of parole for the murder of his best friend more than two decades ago. Durst, who suffers from several medical issues, sat in a wheelchair with a rigid gaze during most of the sentencing hearing. DeGuerin said on Saturday he was very, very ill in the courtroom.
He was convicted in Los Angeles Superior Court last month of first-degree murder for shooting Susan Berman in the back of the head at her home in December 2000. The murder was a mystery that had haunted family and friends for 15 years before then. Durst was arrested in 2015 after his ill-advised decision to take part in a documentary that exposed new evidence and caught him making a startling confession.
DeGuerin said Thursday that Durst will appeal. (AFP).
Disclaimer: This post was automatically published from the agency feed without any text modifications and has not been reviewed by an editor