Team news, stats and predictions ahead of the Norwich Leeds match in the Premier League on Sunday; Kick-off at 2 pm.
Norwich Suspended defender Ben Gibson will miss Sunday’s Premier League game with Leeds after the red card he received in the 7-0 win over Chelsea last weekend.
Billy Gilmore is back in contention for the Canary Islands after being ineligible to face his father’s club at Stamford Bridge.
Todd Cantwell is not available yet after recent Achilles and ankle issues, while Sam Byram (hamstring) and Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) are also out.
Leeds Head coach Marcelo Bielsa has confirmed that Patrick Bamford, Luke Ayling and Robin Koch will miss Sunday’s trip to Carrow Road.
Ravenha – who pulled out during the draw for Wolverhampton on Saturday – is available, while Calvin Phillips could start his first Premier League start since October 2.
how to follow
Norwich vs Leeds live Sky Sports Premier League From 1 pm kick-off at 2 pm. Sky Sports Customers can watch in-game clips on the live match blog at Sky Sports The site and the application. Highlights will also be published in Sky Sports digital platforms and Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
The last time …
Jones knows prediction
In matches like this where Leeds face a real relegation-threatened side, it is definitely worth their support. Since the promotion, in 12 games against teams in the last five of the Premier League, Leeds have won nine goals and scored 24 times in the process. Plus, with Calvin Phillips back, Leeds is a different animal. The England midfielder has missed 13 Premier League games since Leeds returned to the top and the club lost nine of them and avoided defeat last weekend without him against Wolverhampton.
And there’s no doubt that describing Norwich as “endangered” – it may be a bit. Daniel Farke’s side had the worst start to a season in the club’s history, taking just two points from its first nine games – although three of those matches were against Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool. They are the lowest scorers in English football with only two goals. No team has ever scored less at this point in the Premier League season.
Leeds always give them a chance for Norwich to improve on their loathing goals, but the extra quality in the final third for Marcelo Bielsa’s side, led by Ravenha, should lead them to the most points.
Predict the score: 1-3 | betting angle: Leeds to win and over 2.5 goals (2/1 with Sky Bet)
English Premier League Preview: Redknapp refereed against Tottenham and Manchester United | Will the rise of West Ham continue? | Norwich and Everton problems
Pete Smith joins Jimmy Redknapp, Oliver Yeo and Simon Gollam for a preview of another action-packed weekend in the Premier League.
Part 1 | Jimmy Redknapp reviews the Saturday Night football match between Tottenham and Manchester United. Will United recover from their humiliating 5-0 defeat to Liverpool last weekend?
Part 2 | Oliver Yeo and Simon Glam join Pete Smith in Aston Villa’s match against West Ham on Super Sunday. West Ham’s season continues to improve after winning the Carabao Cup against Man City. Will this good race continue at Villa Park?
Part 3 | Norwich vs Leeds Super Sunday Wolves vs Everton Monday Night Football: Pressure builds on Daniel Farke, Rafael Benitez looks for solutions.
- Norwich have won four of their six Premier League encounters with Leeds (D1 L1), although this is the first match against each other in the competition since May 1995 – a 2-1 win for Leeds that confirmed Norwich’s relegation.
- Leeds have lost only one of their last five away matches against Norwich (W2 D2), winning 3-0 on their last visit to Carrow Road in August 2018.
- Since returning to the Premier League last season, Leeds have not lost in all of their eight league matches against teams in the relegation zone (W6 D2). However, they have failed to win either of those games so far this season, drawing 1-1 with both Burnley and Newcastle United.
- Norwich’s goal difference of -21 is the joint worst record at this point in the Premier League season, equaling Sheffield Wednesday in 1999-00. In fact, only in 1946-47 (27) have Norwich conceded more goals at this point in the league campaign than have been the 23 goals scored so far this season.
- Norwich City have not scored more than once in any of their last 27 Premier League games, scoring just seven times and making 2.6% of their shots in that time. Only two teams in Premier League history have had longer runs without scoring more than once in a match – Arsenal between September 1912 and March 1913 (28 respectively) and Wolves between January 1984 and October 2003 (30 respectively).
- Leeds have just seven points from nine league games this season (W1 D4 L4), their worst tally at this stage of the season since the 1988-89 season when he had just six points.
- Among managers who have managed more than one Premier League season, Norwich manager Daniel Farke has the lowest points-per-game ratio (0.49), lowest winning percentage (10.6%) and lowest goals-per-game ratio (0.60) of any manager. Norwich also conceded 98 goals in 47 games played, and the only coach to have seen conceding 100 goals in less than 50 games was John Gorman (42 games, all with Swindon in 1993-94).
- Norwich goalkeeper Tim Krul has conceded an average of 1.64 goals per game in his Premier League career (332 goals conceded in 202 matches), the highest rate of any goalkeeper with at least 200 appearances in the competition.
- Leeds striker Patrick Bamford has scored four goals in his last five Premier League matches against teams he has previously played in the competition (2 against Crystal Palace, 2 against Burnley). This will be his debut against Norwich, having played seven times for the Canary Islands in 2015-16.
- Despite coming only in the 62nd minute against Wolverhampton, the 19-year-old Leeds striker Joe Gillhard had the most shots of any player in the match (3) and had 11 touches in the opponent’s area, like many of Wolverhampton’s. The whole match against Leeds.