Another team will play in this weekend’s play-off with both the starting and reserve midfielders.
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Washington has put Taylor Hynek on its COVID-19 list. Kyle Allen was put on the list earlier in the week. The team signed Garrett Gilbert from the New England coaching squad, I mentioned shifter.
Washington’s top two QBs, Taylor Hynek and Kyle Allen, are now on the Reserve/COVID-19 roster, leaving Garrett Gilbert — who is signing today with WFT — in line for Sunday’s start against Philadelphia.
– Adam Scheffer (@AdamSchefter) December 17, 2021
NFL COVID-19 Tracker: Updated team-by-team player roster for week 15
Putting Heinicke and Allen on the COVID roster is a huge blow to the team, as it will push the team’s total players on the COVID roster above 20. Including Heinicke, there are 12 starting players who won’t be available for Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
What does this latest addition mean for Washington in the midst of the Annex hunt? Sports news breaks it down.
What does Heinicke’s Allen’s absence mean for Washington?
Needless to say, losing the team initially is a huge blow. Heinicke has had success in a starting role with Washington this season, leading them to a record 6-6 starts with a 66.5 completion percentage, 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions with 2,931 yards. He also rushed 55 times for 297 yards and one point.
Now, not only will he be able to play, but it seems unlikely that his backup will be able to play either.
As on Friday, Washington, at 6-7, is currently seventh in the NFC Final. Sunday’s game could go a long way toward determining who claims that last place, though, as four other teams have a 6-7 record, including the Eagles, played by Washington.
MORE: Chiefs tied with Buccaneers as Super Bowl players after OT win against Chargers
With Heinicke unable to file the lawsuit Sunday given the timing of his appointment, Washington has few options. Allen could test off the roster before the game, which is the ideal situation for Washington. Otherwise, the initiator will be either Gilbert, Kyle Shurmur, or Jordan Ta’amu, According to Shifter. The team is not expected to make a decision until Sunday.
Gilbert started only one game in his NFL career, starting in Dallas on November 8, 2020, against the Steelers. Gilbert completed 55.3 percent of his passes with 243 yards, touchdowns and interceptions in a 24-19 loss. Neither Shurmore nor Tammo appeared in an NFL game.
The lack of QB experience below the center will undoubtedly hurt Washington. The Eagles came into the game after allowing the fewest 23 yards to pass for opposing teams in the NFL this season at just 2,952.
How dangerous is the elimination race? very high. FiveThirtyEight Washington gives Washington only a 27 percent chance of reaching the playoffs as it does Friday, and the Eagles have 37 percent. An Eagles win puts them up to a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs and drops Washington to 13 percent. Washington’s win gives the soccer team a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs and puts the Eagles at just 10 percent.
|If Philadelphia wins||13%||50%|
|If Washington wins||55%||10%|
According to TankatunPhiladelphia and Washington sit constrained to the toughest remaining 18th table by opposing the winning percentage. Philadelphia plays Washington, the Giants, Washington and the Cowboys to end the year. Washington plays eagles, cowboys, vultures, and giants to end the campaign.
MORE: Updated AFC and NFC playoff picture after week 14 of the 2021 season
NFL teams have been hit hard by COVID-19 this week, with the league reporting the most positive tests in a single day on Monday with 37, According to Shifter.
Washington, in particular, has lost a number of players, as it and Brown are the only two teams with at least 20 players on the COVID roster.
The football team saw five of the six best defensive men on the list. Jonathan Allen, James Smith Williams, Casey Tuhill, Matt Ionidis and Tim Settle are all on the list and are not expected to play.
However, recent additions to the list have wiped out the Washington offensive. Along with Heinicke and Allen, starting center Tyler Larsen and reserve Keith Ismael have both been added to the roster, to join right starting Cornelius Lucas there.
However, the Eagles only have wide receiver Quez Watkins and Jason Huntley is back on the COVID list.